Friday, February 24, 2012

I Heart Key Lime

This past summer, my girlfriends and I stopped for drinks before heading to see Bridesmaids.  I am a huge fan of anything key lime flavored so when I saw a key lime martini on the drink menu, I was all over it.  This drink so did not disappoint.  I literally felt like I was drinking the filling out of a pie. 

When I came home, I immediately googled a recipe so I could make it at home. Most recipes I found called for KeKe Beach lime liquer.  I searched several liquor stores with no luck.  Since then, I kind of put it on the back burner, until I was at the liquor store a couple of weeks ago and I just happened to ask if they carried it.  Oh happy joy, they did! 

Now, I get to share with your!


(Libby Volgyes/The Palm Beach Post)

Emeril Lagasse's Key Lime Martini

Ingredients

  • Graham cracker crumbs, for rimming the glass
  • 2 lime wedges
  • 6 tablespoons (3 ounces) vanilla flavored vodka
  • 1/4 cup (2 ounces) key lime liqueur (recommended: KeKe Beach Key Lime Liqueur)
  • 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
  • 2 tablespoons heavy cream
  • Ice cubes

Directions

Pour the graham cracker crumbs in a shallow dish. Rub a lime wedge around the edge of a martini glass and roll the edge in the graham cracker crumbs. Chill the glass for 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
Combine the vanilla vodka, key lime liqueur, pineapple juice, and cream in a shaker. Fill the shaker half full with ice and shake until well blended. Pour into prepared martini glass, garnish with a lime wedge and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment